view styles

Feb 27, 2012 at 11:36 AM

First, a mandatory praise to you to get this on. I'm very interested to where this framework is going.

I want to help, if it's possible.

I would like to develop a couple of styles, named, a ribbonish style and a corporate interal style for our internal apps, and for that, I want to ask you if there is any resource from where to learn how to do it.

I know I can download the code and hack my way through but maybe there's a place where this is already explained. 

If not, can you give me a pointer to start looking in the codebase, please?

Thanks.

Coordinator
Mar 10, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Unfortunately, there is relatively little information available about the kind of advanced styling we use a lot. So the best bet is stuff we have published. For instance, check out this article: http://www.codemag.com/article/1011071. In this article, I even explain how to do a simple Ribbon, and the associated code sample has a very simple Ribbon implemented.

Also, make sure you check out http://www.codemag.com/framework where we always try to post articles related to the framework and techiques used. We will post a few more there shortly. We are also planning an article in the next issue of CODE Magazine that talks a lot more about styling specific to the WPF stuff we have.

In in terms specific to the Ribbon: We are currently working quite a bit on the various styles we have. The next framework build, which will be out within a few days, has some major improvements to the Metro theme. Once we get that out the door, we are going to focus on what we call our "Office" style. And that particular style is going to include a Ribbon as well. So that should be very useful to you, potentially. (Note: We are going to do a Ribbon-like UI, but we are not going to use an actual Ribbon control for legal reasons... however, you could create your own style that includes an actual Ribbon control too).

I'd be very interested in hearing about the specific things you are looking for. We can always get you in early on some of the things we are doing related to this.