This project is read-only.

Visual Studio 11 beta

Apr 28, 2012 at 11:38 PM

I could not find Code Framework in the list of extensions in Visual Studio 11 beta.   Am I missing it, or is there a workaround to get started?

May 1, 2012 at 2:27 PM

We have not yet put out a version of the tools for VS11. This is on the short to-do list though. Also, note that the framework itself works fine with VS11. Hopefully, we will get the tools version out within the next few days or so (we are also planning a new general framework release shortly).

May 24, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Update: The latest version of the tools (which we just published a few minutes ago) does now also include support for VS11.

Jun 2, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Is it easy to make it available for the DevExpress (C# or Web Developer) version of Visual Studio ?

Jun 3, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Paul,

I am not sure what you mean by "DevExpress version". I assume we are not talking about www.devexpress.com. Do you mean Visual Studio Express? If so, you can still use the framework, but you cannot use the tools (such as templates) because Visual Studio Express does not support extensions. This is a limitation Microsoft introduced and there unfortunately is no way around it. This also won't change in the future since Microsoft has explicitly stated that they do not want to support extensions for Visual Studio Express. In fact, Visual Studio Express will be partially discontinued for Visual Studio 2012 ("VS11") as Visual Studio Express will only be available for Metro development but not any of the other flavors of Visual Studio development you have been accustomed to in the past.

Jun 9, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Thanks Markus, Yes I did mean the Visual Studio Express edition, not DevExpress components :) Thanks also for the extra info as well.

Jun 9, 2012 at 4:08 PM

BTW: MS has posted an update to the situation and they have now changed their mind and they *will* support another Express edition for desktop development in VS2012. Still appears that they do not support add-ins though. :-(