Primary data access strategy?

May 11, 2012 at 2:17 PM

What is the primary data access strategy used or supported by this framework?

Is it Entity Framework, or a your own code-generated DAL similar to what is used in Kevin McNeish's Mere Mortals for .Net, or perhaps somehting else?

If it is EF-based... EF is still developing quickly, so it's a moving target to take advantage of the each new version. Will your framework keep pace with the EF release cycle?

May 15, 2012 at 4:55 PM

At EPS\CODE Consulting, we're primarily using either Entity Framework or the CODE Business Entities. However, the data access layer is kept as a separate middle tier, and is easily changed to a different platform - so if you prefer NHibernate, Telerik, or one of the other various data access models, it is relatively trivial to implement those as well. The CODE Framework is certainly not coupled to any one ORM or data access paradigm.

May 18, 2012 at 5:17 PM

FYI, we're planning to use Strataframe business objects for our data access.

May 22, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Randy, that shouldn't be a problem. I've not used Strataframe yet myself, but if you follow the basic principles of keeping your data layer separate, and using your Impelementation layer to reach in to your data layer, there's no reason why Strataframe would be incompatible with the CODE Framework.

Jul 11, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Hi, just as general information on this topic.

I started to use Telerik's OpenAccess ORM as data access layer and so far it works smoothly with CODE Framework, as the connection between POCO's and entity information classes inside a service is completely based on your code.