How can I change the color of the Metro App Icons?

Jun 25, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Edited Jun 25, 2013 at 3:53 PM
I just upgraded to the latest version of CODE.Framework (4.0.30618.0), and now the icon color in Metro style AppBarButtons is set to Black, and I can't find out how to change it. This is a problem because my App's background color is black.

I've looked through the Metro-Control-AppBarButton.xaml file and it doesn't look like it has changed.

In the prior version of CODE.Framework, both the Ellipse which surrounds the button icon and the Rectangle were both the default theme color (ThemeColor1). Now in the latest version, the Ellipse is still the default theme color, however now the Rectangle fill is Black.

I read the "Standard Icon Resources" article:
https://codeframework.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Standard%20Icon%20Resources&referringTitle=Documentation
Which said:
Metro icons are all monochrome and use a single defined color/brush to draw themselves. That color can be changed, simply by redefining those color resources. Here is the default definition for those colors:
<Color x:Key="CODE.Framework-Metro-IconForegroundColor">Black</Color>
<SolidColorBrush x:Key="CODE.Framework-Metro-IconForegroundBrush"
 Color="{DynamicResource CODE.Framework-Metro-IconForegroundColor}" />
I tried changing CODE.Framework-Metro-IconForegroundColor to other colors and the icon colors never changed.
I searched through the latest Metro-Colors.xaml file for everywhere black was set, and tried setting that to a different color, and still never saw any changes in the App Bar Icons.

Another odd thing is that the Metro Close icon now has a red arrow in it, which is weird that it's not black. So I suspect something weird is going on with the icons.

Can someone please help me?
Thanks,
Sue
Jun 25, 2013 at 8:00 PM
I also noticed today when using CODE.Framework-Icon-Next and CODE.Framework-Icon-Previous, that the Next arrow is green, and the Previous arrow is Yellow. So something must have changed with the icons...
Coordinator
Jun 25, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Yeah, I just realized that the set of icons is now wrong in Metro, because it accidently got the set that Geek and Workplace are supposed to be using. I will have to issue a new build with these changes relatively soon. Can you make do with this for a few days?

Markus
Jun 26, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Phew I'm not crazy :-) Yes I can wait, that's no problem.
Thanks!
Coordinator
Jun 28, 2013 at 11:19 AM
OK, great. We will probably do a new build relatively soon anyway.

Markus
Sep 10, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Markus, is it possible to do a new build soon? We would really like to have the correct icons as some of our products are being released soon.
Coordinator
Sep 19, 2013 at 4:51 AM
Hmmm... doesn't the current build already have the fixed icons?

Markus
Sep 19, 2013 at 1:46 PM
No, it doesn't
Coordinator
Sep 19, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Hm, that sucks. Yes, I will do a new build ASAP then.

Markus
Sep 19, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Great, thank you!
Coordinator
Sep 23, 2013 at 6:00 AM
FYI: A new build is now available.

Markus
Sep 23, 2013 at 1:34 PM
I downloaded it. The icons look great! Thanks!