way to view colors, brushes, etc.?

Aug 27, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Markus,

Is there a form that exists that essentially shows us all the colors, sizes, etc. of the various values for a given theme (So what color is ""CODE.Framework-Application-BackgroundColor2">#D5DAE8</Color>"?

If there is no easy way to view these, if I happen to create a form that shows all these values in a visual way, would you want a copy?

Thanks
Developer
Aug 27, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Unfortunately there is not currently a form to display all the styles defined in a theme. This is a great idea (I have often wanted just such a thing), but to this point no one has taken the time to put it together.

Jeff
Aug 27, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Jeff,

Ok, I will let you know when I have something as there is no way I can remember all the various values available....

Thanks
Coordinator
Sep 4, 2013 at 11:01 PM
You can use Blend for this to some extent. When you open a XAML resource dictionary in Blend, you can see all the defined resources in the resource tab. It will actually visually show you the colors and also other things like Fonts and so on. Also works for the icons.

Another way is to use Resharper. With Resharper installed, when you open any source file that defines colors (works with XAML as well as HTML, btw), then it actually underlines the color definition in the specified color. So that is kinda nifty.

Markus