Request for discussion options

Oct 1, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Markus,

It would be nice if we could have a couple of discussion forums. The first (like this) for just asking questions. A second would be nice for some of us to be able to post tips and tricks we find as we work with the framework.

By having a 2nd forum, you would not need to take time looking through that as much as the main help/support forum and we could post things without worrying about tying up your time.

It might also be nice if we can easily upload code in that one (although I guess we can always just embed it in the message as we do now....)

Just a thought,

Fletcher
Coordinator
Oct 11, 2013 at 7:29 AM
I like the idea. Unfortunately, I don't think Codeplex's Discussions feature supports that :-(

However, I am happy to put user-created tips under some special area in the Documentation tab. The easiest way to get started is probably to just email it to me (megger@eps-software.com) and I'll put it up.

Markus
Oct 16, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Markus,

Any chance of setting up an alternate discussion site? MS did this by using StackOverflow for Entity Framework discussions. All I am thinking of is a simple discussion board that can have various topics and just reference that in the opening of the discussion page. If people still want to post in the discussion, that's fine.

Fletcher
Coordinator
Oct 17, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Honestly, it isn't really far to the top of my priority list. These types of forums generally require a critical mass of discussion and that is hard to reach these days. We have set up a few other things over time, but none of them really went anywhere. But if you'd like to set one up as a community initiative, I would look at it as a positive.

Markus