Document Visualizer question

Oct 2, 2013 at 4:32 PM
I am having a problem setting the back color of a combobox. I have a template that essentially recreates the combobox that works, but would prefer such a dramatic override.

So I looked in the Document Visualizer to compare the 2 comboboxes (one with a simple style that doesn't work right, the other with the rebuilt template style that works) to see if I could find the one property I needed to change (since setting Background=... was not.)

In there, I saw that Background, Borderbrush, and a few others were A) inherited and B) crossed out. It was the B part that caught my eye.

1) What does it mean when a value is crossed out in the Element Style panel of a control?
2) Any hints as to what I would do to make it so I can override that value in one of my styles?

It seems silly to have to build a large, complex combobox template/style just so I can color the background of the displayed value....

Thanks,

Fletcher
Coordinator
Oct 11, 2013 at 7:32 AM
When it is crossed out, that means that there is a subsequent setting that overrules the crossed out setting. So for instance, if the background setting is crossed out, you should be able to find something else in the list that sets the same property.

Markus