This project is read-only.

Web services ASP.Net Soap 1.2

Jan 20, 2014 at 3:47 AM
Does the client in the CodeFramework support the older web services or do I have to connect through regular service references? I took the Codeframework class last April but need to get connected to an older web service running .Net 2.0.
Thanks.
Jan 24, 2014 at 9:34 PM
How exactly are you trying to connect? If you have any old SOAP reference (WSDL) then you can just add a Service Reference to your project. There isn't anything special about CODE Framework for this.

Markus
Jan 24, 2014 at 10:09 PM
I just used a Service Reference.
I'm not real good at WPF but learning quickly (if that is possible with WPF). The way the older web service serializes data is a pain at times compared to WCF.

Is there a way to reload a page when closing another page?
I have a ListView and have a EditView fire from a double-click (like in the CodeMag sample) and when I use the close button on the edit form, I'd like to refresh the listing but only on the "save".
Jan 25, 2014 at 10:03 AM
When you add a service reference you get the client-side proxy which should make it relatively straightforward to interact with the service and get meaningful objects on the client. Assuming that the service-creator created a service structure that is somewhat usable of course. But that would be more a matter of service design, rather than the .NET version.

When you launch another view, you can use events that view fires to do something in the previous view (such as refreshing). Here's an example:
var context = Controller.Action("Customer", "Edit", new {id = x}).Result as ViewResult;
if (context != null)
    context.ViewClosed += (s, e) => RefreshList();
So this triggers the Edit action on the CustomerController. It then uses the result as a ViewResult (assuming that that is what the customer controller returns) and then attaches to the ViewClosed event to refresh the list in the current object (presumably, the current object is a view model of a customer list).

Markus
Jan 25, 2014 at 10:28 AM
FYI: I posted a bit of a more detailed explanation here: https://codeframework.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Reacting%20when%20Views%20Close

Markus