modifying shell to display a single view

Jul 7, 2014 at 3:16 AM
Hello,

I am using the CODE framework on a single purpose embedded system running windows 7 embedded. It consists of one master view composed of many subviews that are injected into it. The menu system is part of the master view.... there will be no tiles or drop down menu... The menu will be just through buttons on the main view.

I am not sure what property in the shell view model would contain this one view. I assume I can replace the tab control with a contentcontrol and bind the content property to this one master view...

This one master view will be maximized the whole time also... it will be the only interface on this embedded device.

Thanks
harold
Coordinator
Jul 7, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Harold,

you can simply modify the main shell style. I would just remove whatever control is displaying the menu (such as the Ribbon on the Workplace theme or the ViewActionMenu in themes with conventional menus).

For the open view itself, I would simply change the tab control that hosts all the views so it doesn't show headers and hence looks like just a single container. The style used for that is called CODE.Framework.Wpf.Mvvm.Shell-NormalViewsHost and should be in the same shell resource dictionary for each theme. You could probably also use a content control and bind its content to "SelectedNormalView". I don't know of the top of my head whether the selected view is set without a selection mechanism such as the tab control. I think it is. Give it a try. If I had to do it myself, I would use a re-styled tab control though, since that preserves more of the functionality in case I needed it later, and it changes the overall environment less.

Markus
Jul 10, 2014 at 3:40 PM
Modifying the shell tab control worked great, Thanks Markus... Using SNOOP helped find the specific parts really quick... SNOOP has always been a mandatory utility for WPF!

Harold
Coordinator
Jul 10, 2014 at 4:05 PM
Great!

Markus