CodeFramework to Build a Demo Website

Aug 11, 2014 at 8:25 PM
Need some feed Back on this:

Can Code Framework be used to Build an entire Website with Web forms and Business Logic or it is only use for the Middle Tier Architecture.

if I want to build a Demo Website with 5 Web forms with these functionalities:

1) two Search forms
2) three Add/Update forms
3) one User Profile info
4) Login and Logout Page

Data resides on Microsoft SQL Server

I am trying to decide if it would be a benefit to spend the extra time to learn Code Framework if it will provide me a faster turn out time for building future Websites when needed versus Using ASP.NET Web Forms OR MVC.

any of your input is appreciated.
Coordinator
Aug 30, 2014 at 9:51 AM
In this case, the components that are publicly available are only middle-tier components (the rest is WPF which isn't useful for your scenario). We do have some CODE Framework components internally, but most of them are for MVC rather than WebForms, and we have decided not to make any of them available to the public, since Microsoft is re-writing the ASP stack. So we are aiming to make ASP.NET MVC components available for the new version (and no WebForms then either).

Markus
Jan 19, 2016 at 1:11 PM
MarkusEgger wrote:
we have decided not to make any of them available to the public, since Microsoft is re-writing the ASP stack. So we are aiming to make ASP.NET MVC components available for the new version (and no WebForms then either).
Is it still planned to publish the components of ASP.NET MVC?

Thank you
Coordinator
Jan 19, 2016 at 2:23 PM
Things have evolved a bit since. The overall situation is still that Microsoft hasn't released ASP.NET vNext yet. A Release Candidate is out, but they are still making pretty massive changes, and I would not be surprised to see considerable changes even post-release. So we are still observing the situation a bit before we make any public moves.

Also, our story has evolved. Our web framework has taken the direction of being an HTML5 framework more than an ASP.NET framework. In fact, you will be able to use it completely without ASP.NET if you wanted. But of course we will still have great support for ASP.NET and that is one of our primary scenarios.

So that, in a nutshell, is where we are at. Not much new in some ways, and a lot of news in others :-)

Markus