This project is read-only.

Input Formular

May 13, 2015 at 6:35 AM
Edited May 13, 2015 at 6:36 AM
Hello,

I want to create a Input-Formular for masdata input. How can I do following Fields to input data?
Label1   Label2   Label3   Label4
Textbox1 Textbox2 Textbox3 Textbox4
What I need is the Label upper the input control and side -by-side.

What is the correct method to do that with the framework?
May 18, 2015 at 11:39 PM
Hello!

We don't have a pre-defined layout element that is made for this exact scenario. You could probably use an EditForm layout panel and do a column break after each textbox. But that is probably a kludge.

Other options are:
  1. Create your own layout panel that does this. This isn't specific to our framework, but it is of course something that works very well with our framework and one of the great advantages of our framework is that this is used extensively. But you can easily extend that mechanism yourself. I wrote a generic WPF article about this topic a while back. Here's a link: http://www.codemag.com/Article/1011071
  2. You could use some more primitive layout approach, such as creating a grid with 4 columns and 2 rows.
  3. You could create this layout manually. While this is kind of the most primitive and simplistic and least flexible/maintainable approach, there still are scenarios where you just want to create a standard manual WPF layout. There is nothing in CODE Framework that keeps you from doing that.
Now if it was up to me personally? I would probably create a custom panel that does this. Especially if you need this quite a bit. It will save you a lot of time in the long run and keep your app clean and flexible and maintainable.

Markus