Is the project actively developed yet?

Aug 9, 2015 at 2:14 PM
I have a question regarding the project progress. Is it yet being developed, refined and will get new updates in coming months and years?

The service pattern and UI is written pretty well.

The project as it seems is well written, but will it get updates? The most important thing the project lacks is the documentation and sample sets. Since there are many assumptions made during layout and theme operations, can we rely on this as a supported open source project?

I mean mostly in terms of samples and documentation.

Thanks.
Aug 9, 2015 at 8:32 PM
lacks documentation? I can't agree with this. I have used this framework on a medical device project I worked on, and I found the documentation be quite extensive and well written. There is also a nice demo app that comes with it that shows off many of the cool features of the framework. I think you'll find it to be quite well done.

Harold
Coordinator
Oct 25, 2015 at 7:40 PM
On a side note: You can also always see which features we are working on for the next version by checking the change-log, which lists not just what changed in past released versions, but also the unreleased stuff that's in the next:
http://codeframework.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=CODE%20Framework%20%28.NET%29%20Change%20Log

As far as documentation goes: There never is enough. I think that statement is true from the smallest of projects all the way up to the stuff Microsoft puts out. But I agree with Harold: We have quite a bit of documentation on Codeplex, and we have extended articles on codemag.com (also linked from Codeplex).

And of course we are running training classes on a regular basis and of course we are also a consulting company that can be hired if further help is needed.

Markus