Works ok with VS 2015?

Aug 9, 2015 at 8:38 PM
Edited Aug 10, 2015 at 1:33 PM
Hey All.

I may have a project coming up that I can use VS 2015. Are there any known issues with using the current CODE framework with VS 2015? Any testing with that so far?

Wondering not so much about the xaml part, but do the framework templates behave the same as well?

Thanks
Harold
Aug 10, 2015 at 6:11 AM
I'm currently coding in VS2015 RC. The XAML Visual Designer doesn't render the views at all. I don't know if this issue is related to VS version or something else.

BTW, is there any fix for that? As of now, I have to build and run the app after each change to see them.

All I see is a white rectangle !!

Aug 14, 2015 at 6:28 AM
Hi, I ran into the development host is not running...
I haven't looked any deeper into it.
Aug 14, 2015 at 8:39 AM
Edited Aug 14, 2015 at 8:40 AM
Hi, I wasn't running as Admin... What I am using that is code-framework-related seems to be doing okay ...
Coordinator
Oct 25, 2015 at 7:36 PM
Hello!

Yes, it works fine with VS2015.

For the design time experience: Views may not show up because resource dictionaries are loaded at runtime, so you may be missing some of those resources. You can set design time resources if you want. We are not doing anything specific to support or disable that, but it should work fine. Personally, I find that I do not need that very much and I do not like polluting my views with design-time stuff (I am a big stickler about keeping views clean for reuse... I would hate to not be able to reuse a view in other scenarios, just because of some design time syntax). But you could do it.

Markus
Oct 28, 2015 at 1:26 PM
I 've been using now with VS 2015 and it's been doing great.. no issues. ANd yes, I hate polluting the views with code that is just for design time...

Thanks!