This project is read-only.

Code Framework and Silverlight

Jun 21, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I was reading in the CodeMag article the CodeFramework can also be used for Silverlight.

However I do not see any documentation and no post for this. I downloaded the dll's and they are all compiled against the core framework.

Are there any docs on how to use it for SL ?

Joe

Sep 14, 2012 at 2:28 PM

We have some internal components for this, but we haven't released it to the public at this point (and I am not sure they are really in a state where we would want to do so without much extra work). The reason we haven't done much on this is that Silverlight's position in the market has changed and we really only recommend building Silverlight apps in very special cases at this point. Of course that doesn't mean there aren't scenarios where CODE Framework wouldn't be of interest, but it just hasn't been high priority, unfortunately.

Markus

Jan 10, 2013 at 8:39 PM

The Services components of CODE Framework are excellent for developing Silverlight applications. It greatly simplifies development and makes it easy to allow cross-domain calls from Silverlight components. Currently, there is not much publicly available in the UI part of the framework for Silverlight.