This project is read-only.

Creating data layer classes

Mar 25, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Edited Mar 25, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Markus,

In the process of creating a project, where the data sources are already defined, there is a fair amount of work needed to define the various interfaces and classes. (NOTE: The framework does create quite a bit of the work as well - I am focusing primarily on the mapping of the data fields to create the interfaces, request, and response classes that we need to create in the Contracts project before we can create the Implementation projects per the Building Services and SOA Business Layers article.)

All of these are primarily based on the data. Do you have a tool that can auto generate these various items from the data (similar to what EF does) or do we need to hand code it (or - in my case, create a tool as I have lots of tables that will need these)? I just thought I would ask (in case I missed something) before I went off and wasted time duplicating something you had already created.

Thanks
Mar 27, 2013 at 6:19 PM
We don't have a tool for this at this point, unfortunately. We do have mapping tools once you have all the structures, so you can map back and forth easily. But the creation is currently only supported by some relatively simple starting point templates.

Markus
Mar 29, 2013 at 3:02 AM
Markus,

No worries, I just wrote a really simple one to create the interfaces, request, and response classes. Not fancy, but all I need to do is throw an SQL export at it, and it does the rest. Given the number of tables I will have, it will help (a little - many of them will need customizations, etc.)

Happy Easter/Egg hunting day