This project is read-only.

Naming conventions

Apr 9, 2013 at 11:22 PM
There are key areas when developing a project and/or using the CODE FW that have to be followed for the FW to work as desired. For example, I need to have a contract interface named ICustomerServices (but does it have to be in the Project.Services.Contracs1 namespace?) for the Host and implementation project templates to create the appropriate classes and code. Same thing with my customer data (which should probably be managed by a class named CustomerController with a view in the Customer folder under views.)

Is there a place where I can get a summary of what conventions should be used so that I name my projects, components, classes, namespaces, etc. correctly (vs. beating my head against the wall because I didn't.)

If it is here somewhere, just point me to it.

Thanks
Apr 10, 2013 at 12:25 AM
You don't have to follow any specific conventions for the framework to work. Closest thing to anything that needs to be in a certain namespace is that views in WPF need to be in the views folder unless you want to change that configuration. Generally speaking, the names are just defaults.

That said, it is probably a good idea to follow the .NET standards for namespaces. Like Company.Product.xxx.

Markus