CODE FW Template for new implementation

May 13, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Markus,

Unless I am blind, it appears that there are a number of templates for defining new contracts (either as one or as a number of separate files). This is very nice.

When I create an implementation project, all those are read and nice shell classes are added.

Would it be possible to have a template added for a new implementation class (or tell me which one I have overlooked that does it) where I can add a new contract to the contracts project and then use this template to create a new implementation within an existing implementation project?

If it's a hassle, no worries, I can always just create a temp implementation project and then copy the files from there.

Thanks,

Fletcher
Coordinator
May 16, 2013 at 11:18 PM
You mean if you already have an implementation and then add another operation to your contract and then you want to just have some tool that says "add whatever is missing" sort of deal? Yeah. That's not entirely simple to do, but I already have it on my list too. It's something I could use all the time myself :-)

Markus
May 16, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Markus,

As you may note, I am only replying when I have something to add. But wanted to thank you for all the answers to all the threads.

And yes, that's just what I mean. I set up the contracts and then find I need to add a couple more tables with their respective contracts. Once done, I have to manually build the implementation classes.

At this point, I have so much other stuff to do/learn that getting this fixed isn't as high as some of the other issues (like validation.)

Thanks again!

Fletcher
Coordinator
May 17, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Sounds good. Sorry about having responded a bit late on some of those. I really wish Codeplex would notify me of new questions. I only get notified when responses to existing questions are posted :-(